Specialized ateliers, basic through advanced levels of pastry and confectionary craft making, plated and boutique style desserts, world delicacies and precise decorating techniques.
Day 1 Student Survival Cooking Camp – Basic Skills
Our five day student survival cooking course is designed for students who are about to go to college or university or who are leaving halls of residence to fend for themselves. They will learn basic cooking techniques like how to choose ingredients, how to use leftovers, how to budget and manage money and learn wholesome Home style dishes, to help Stay away from junk food which will help them survive healthily through their time away.
Students have an option to sign up for individual classes or a 5 class package. All ingredients, equipment, Chefs cap, Apron and recipe cards will be provided at the studio. Students have an option to eat whatever they cook for lunch or carry the same back home with them.
- Knife Skills – Learn various cuts of vegetables and how to use them in different cuisines.
- Basic Cooking Method – Learn different styles of cooking i.e. boiling, stir-frying, poaching etc
- Basic Ingredient Knowledge – Learn to pick the right ingredients, basic flavor profiles and pairings
- Basic Vinaigrette and Healthy Dressings- Technique & Storage tips
- Healthy and Easy Salads
- How to process and preserve fruits and use them in different forms in jams, preserves and smoothies.
- Learn to pickle vegetables and preserve them to use them as accompaniments of dishes.